What to look for in a serviced office
As a new or growing business, deciding where to base your business is a big question. Do you work from home or do you rent an office? If you opt for renting an office, do you look at a serviced office or leasing one? The main reason to take a serviced office is not to tie up capital in commercial property so that it is available for use in the business. In addition, the length of lease can tie a growing business into a property for a longer period of time than with a serviced office.
Businesses moving into serviced office accommodation may well consider the following features when deciding which business centre, and then which office, best suits their requirements.
- Easy in, easy out terms – give just 1 month’s notice if you want to move out
- Pay monthly – for easy budgeting, no upfront costs
- Lighting – check that there are there windows for natural light and if the lighting meets your requirements
- Smart décor – the decoration of the communal areas and office should reflect your business
- Furniture – are desks and chairs provided or do you have to supply your own?
- WiFi and connectivity – often provided free within the monthly fee but are the speeds strong and if you require more bandwidth will the business centres advise on installation?
- Location – is the centre a town centre location makes it easy for staff to walk into town for shops, cafes and restaurants, which may make it easier to attract staff
- Parking – on site parking for cars and bicycles makes it easy for staff to get to work and for visitors
- Staff facilities – plenty of cloakrooms plus well equipped communal kitchens with microwaves and tea/coffee making facilities
- Friendly reception team – to greet your visitors in a professional manner as well as saying a cheery hello to you each morning
- Telephones – are these provided? Does the centre offer a telephone answering service for when you’re not available?
There are many things to think about when considering taking a serviced office for the first time. With 3 centres in Witney, all with their own characteristics and offering a selection of office sizes, the team at Hexagon Business Centres has experience in helping businesses owners to identify the right office space for their requirements.
Call the reception team on 01993 848770 to request a viewing of available serviced offices in Witney.